How to Become Certified
To become an RTD certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE), you must complete an SBE Certification Application and Personal Financial Statement. Call the RTD Small Business Opportunity Office at 303-299-2111 to receive an application, or visit the RTD-FasTracks website.
The RTD Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Certification Program is open to all businesses regardless of race or gender of the owners of the business.
To qualify as an SBE, your business must meet the following qualifications:
- The gross receipts of your business (averaged over three years) cannot exceed $22.41 million
- The net worth of your 51% owner(s)/stockholder(s) has a net worth less than $1.31 million (not counting the market value of their primary residence(s) or their equity/investment in the business you are certifying)
If your business has less than $22.41 million in gross receipts (averaged over three years) AND the 51% owner has a net worth less than $1.31 million, the business qualifies.
In order to receive more information on becoming DBE certified, please call one of the following agencies or follow the link to their websites:
To qualify as a DBE, your business must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 51%-owned by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual(s) who also controls the firm
- The disadvantaged owner must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States
- Must be organized as a for-profit business
- Must meet SBE requirements